Friday, December 12, 2008

GUESS WHAT?

I got it.

I finally got it!

IT.

THE "IT."

The one and only it!

The it I have been wishing for, dreaming for, longing for.

YES, that it.

For those of you who are confused (I'm guessing that's everybody), I finally got my Canon 30D. It arrived today all sweetly packaged in a beautiful toasted brown cardboard box, buried underneath a flurry of packing peanuts, wrapped gently in its plastic bubble blankets, waiting for me - it's new, overjoyed owner. I guess I was sort of in a rose-tinted glasses mood because everything that day wooed me over into perpetual bliss. For one, I'm just happy that I can finally submit photos to Foodgawker and Tastespotting that actually deserve it (to be honest, I'm quite sick of the rejection emails due to blurry, out-of-focus, dull images)!

I consider it an early Christmas present to myself. I once wrote, once upon a time ago, that I was still a working gal saving up for a professional camera. Well, I'm still that same working gal but now I'm a working gal with a fully functional, working camera. And after all of my hard work, I think I deserve it and how appropriate that it would arrive at such a quintessential time (right after my finals)! Now can someone buy me some lenses please?

Time for me to learn how to use this baby, Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Awww congrats! I'm still saving up for mine... or hopefully Santa will drop it off for me this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am still waiting for mine. I doubt it's coming this holiday season though...

    ReplyDelete